Grounds Maintenance Operative – Gosport
We are looking to recruit grounds maintenance operatives to join the team in the Gosport area. This is a mobile role, travelling to various sites to carry out grounds maintenance to a required specification.
- Use of petrol driven equipment for Lawn Cutting & Hedge Pruning
- Weeding and bed maintenance of existing borders
- Shrub pruning as required
- Litter Picking & Sweeping
- Hard working
- Positive attitude
- IT literate (use of tablet, smart phone apps).
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written (English).
- Previous grounds maintenance experience preferred but not essential
- Have a can do, positive attitude.
- A strong customer focused approach.
- Be able to work without supervision and manage your own workload
- Be able to follow a schedule and work to deadlines.
- Good timekeeping and personal presentation skills.
- Ability to implement Health and Safety requirements to ensure safe working practices.
- Be prepared to undertake a DBS check.
Required experience: 1 Years’ Experience required
Licence or certification: Full UK Driving Licence
Days:Monday – Friday
Timing: 08:00 – 16:00 (37.5 hrs p/w)
Successful applicants will need to display a sound understanding of UK Driving Law and the Highway Code in order to undertake this position. Just Ask Estate Services will also provide in-house training covering Risk Assessment, PPE, Use of machinery, basic maintenance and safety checks with further development available via City & Guilds Training on Machinery used within the role and PA1 and PA6 certificate spraying licences
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £8.50 to £9.00 /hourApply now