Cleaning & Grounds Maintenance Operative – Oxford/Bicester – Full Time
Established since 1972, Just Ask Estate Services is a highly reputable cleaning and grounds maintenance company.
We are proud to have won multiple industry awards including Investors in People – Gold standard.
We are looking to recruit a mobile cleaning and grounds maintenance operatives to service sites in the Oxford/Bicester area, who are friendly, self-motivated, hardworking and reliable.
Your role will be to carry out a range of cleaning and grounds maintenance activities, in accordance with the agreed client specification showing high attention to detail.
Cleaning duties include:
- Dust, damp wipe or wash walls, skirting boards, hand rails, ledges, window sills, radiators, lifts, doors and frames
- Sweeping floors with brushes or dust control mops.
- Mopping floors with wet or damp mops.
- Hovering of carpeted areas.
- Emptying waste bins or similar receptacles, transporting waste material to designated collection points.
- Be able to competently mix cleaning supplies in the correct quantities for safe use.
- Replenish consumable items e.g. soap, toilet rolls, paper towels (if contractual).
- Clean toilets, urinals, hand basins and sinks (if contractual).
- Clean communal kitchen areas (if contractual).
Grounds Maintenance duties include:
- Lawn Cutting
- Hedge Pruning
- Weed Control
- Shrub Maintenance
- Litter Picking
- Hard working
- Positive attitude
- IT literate (use of tablet, smart phone apps).
- Drivers licence essential – company van provided.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written (English).
- Previous experience in cleaning environment.
- Knowledge of cleaning substances and techniques preferable.
- A strong customer focused approach.
- Be able to work without supervision.
- Be able to follow a schedule and work to deadlines.
- Good timekeeping and personal presentation skills.
- Ability to implement Health and Safety requirements to ensure safe working practices.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £18,500.00 /year
Days of Working: Monday to Friday
Successful applicants should:
- Live in the local area
- Be happy to have a DBS check carried out prior to starting employment